Fellowship of the Paws
Our puppy class is designed to set you and your puppy up for success, not just teach obedience and play in a puppy mosh pit!
We keep our class numbers small so everyone gets the attention they need.
We focus on engagement, confidence and having fun! Each week we cover:
- Toilet training, biting, health, sleeping and management around the home
- Communication and how we can use rewards effectively to teach our puppy
- Sit, drop, stay, crate training and mat/bed
- Lead manners for walking and greeting people and dogs
- Games that help with learning
- How to teach your pup to be great with grooming and vet checks
- Confidence building with new surfaces, sights and sounds
- Puppy and dog play – learning to read body language and understand when to step in
- Introductions to adult dogs both small and large
- Introductions to household items like lawn mower, vacuum etc
- How to play and biologically fulfil your puppy to reduce unwanted behaviours
- DIY enrichment activities to help teach your puppy to settle
- Teach your puppy how to self settle and relax
Classes are held at Redlands Vet Clinic on a Saturday morning.
Adolescent Group Classes
For puppies aged between 17 weeks and 12 months.
Training shouldn’t stop after puppy class! In fact, your pup needs extra guidance and support as they go through their next developmental stage.
WE’LL HELP YOU THROUGH!
Adolescence can be tough! Your sweet puppy is finding their confidence in the world and starting to venture more out on their own and honestly, look like they are giving you the middle finger on their way! By understanding their needs and the changes they are going through you can help them continue to navigate the world they live in.
Our Adolescent group class is focussed on engagement, games and finding what your dog finds most rewarding to use that in training.
We will cover:
✅Understanding their developmental stage
✅Understand how to help your young dog cope with adolescence
✅Understand the second fear period and how to help your young dog
✅Delve deeper into basic obedience – sit, drop, stay, recall, lead manners
✅Continue confidence building
✅Up your play game
✅ Fun tricks like spin, twirl, middle
✅Continue with socialisation and environmental exposure
This is a 6 week course that is held on Saturday mornings at Redlands Vet Clinic.